Italian Penne rigate
Penne rigate is a type of pasta with cylinder-shaped pieces. We, traditionally, cook them “al dente” (cooked so as not to be too soft; firm to the bite) and season with sauces. A famous dish is "Penne all' arrabbiata" or "Penne with green pesto".
Solo Italiano's Penne rigate is ideal to serve with Green Pesto or Arrabbiata Sauce. It’s also good for using as baked pasta.
Baked penne recipe
- 200g mozzarella cheese
- 350g of penne
- 40g of grated parmesan cheese
- 3 TBS of extra virgin olive oil
-1 jar of one basil tomato sauce
- Drain the mozzarella from its liquid and cut in pieces.
- Prepare a saucepan with 3 o 4 Litres of Water and put 7g of salt per 100g of pasta
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water and undercook pasta (because after this step, you need to baked pasta.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and then move it into an oven pan (Before move the pasta, pouring 3 TBS of extra virgin olive oil
- When you put the pasta into the oven pan, mix every thing together (20g of parmesan, mozzarella cheese, one jar of basil tomato sauce, oregano)
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top and bake for 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven at 200 ° C. The timing depends on the oven, so it is better to check occasionally and avoing that panna can burn.
- Take the ove pan out and serve the pasta hot
Main Ingredients Penne rigate
Durum Wheat flour, Water