Why Buy Extra virgin olive oil?
Rigorously cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. It come from Puglia, Italy. This extra virgin olive oil is a mix of 50% olives from Cellina di Nardo' and 50% from Oglialora salentina. Cellina is sweeter than the oialora olive which is more green and bitter. The oil looks initially smooth to the palate with a color yellow with green highlight.
Why we talk about High quality?
- Extra virgin olive oil is made by a process called "cold-press". In this phase the olives must be kept no higher than 27°C (81.9°F) and pressed. This Method indicates that no heat or chemical additives were used to extract the oil from the olives which can alter and destroy the aromas of the olive oil.
- The olives come from the same area known as Salento (50% Cellina di Nardo' and 50% from Oglialora salentina).
- The color of the olive oil depends on when the olives were harvested. Green color means that the olives were harvested earlier. Golden color is for when the olives are Harvested later. Ours olive oil is a yellow color with a green highlight.
- Our extra virgin is contained in a dark glass bottle, for protecting it from the light.
- Acidity Level is 0.3%
Healthy benefits of extra virgin olive oil every day?
Helping avoiding cardiovascular disease; helping to reduce LDL cholesterol and triglycerides; reduce risk of type 2 diabetes
Where could you add Extra virgin olive oil?
- For flavorings Fish and Meat Dish
- As Dressing for salads
- For flavoring Tomato Sauce and Pesto
- For cooking vegetables
Tips To Store Extra Virgin Olive Oil
EVOO is both light and heat sensitive. That’s the reason good quality EVOO is sold in tinted glass bottles.
With time, the level of healthy antioxidants start deteriorating, so buy smaller bottles and use them within 3-4 months.